The National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), backed by the United States government, insures the deposits of credit union members nationwide. The fund is managed by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), and independent agency of the United States government.
- Deposits Federally insured up to $250,000
- Includes funds in share, checking, money market savings and share certificate accounts
- IRAs insured separately up to $250,000
- No charge for share insurance protection
- Individual accounts with same accountholder totaled and insured up to $250,000
- Joint account ownership interests are insured separately from individual accounts up to $250,000